Microsoft releases update for System Center Endpoint Protection
Microsoft has made available a significant Hotfix for Endpoint Protection when it is integrated with Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager or Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007. More specifically, the Hotfix is a platform update for Microsoft System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection Service Pack 1 (SP1) clients and Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 clients.
The platform update provides the following additions, enhancements, and fixes:
- Update to the network real-time behavior monitoring functionality.
- Provides Manageability support through the WMIv2 provider.
- Anti-tampering improvements.
- Performance improvements.
- Configurable option for sending harmful samples to Microsoft.
- More languages supported.
- Fixes Exchange Server 2003 problems.
- Fixes a problem where duplicate environment variables are created during installation.
- Fixes the ability to install on an alternate drive letter.
The Hotfix, 2865173, replaces both 2828233 and 2827684.
The KB Article is here: An anti-malware platform update for Endpoint Protection clients is available from Microsoft Support